The newest polluting items in the Imperial Capital (masks & latex gloves)

 image from

To repent for my many sins, during daily promenades in the District of Columbia neck of the woods (Cleveland Park), where I live, I pick up trash/garbage on streets/sidewalks with the help of a grabber 


image from

(and dispose of the s--t in public trash bins). 

image from

I can't help but notice that among the many litter/pollutants is a growing number of face masks and latex gloves strewn/dumped all over the place ... 

Image from, under the headline: "Used Masks and Gloves that Litter Streets and Parking Lots Could Be a Health Hazard, Officials Warn"

The irony of it all.

Who says America, a splendid land of the people, is not a contradiction? 

To fight a pandemic we pollute!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Case for Keeping San Francisco’s Disputed George Washington Murals

How the Kremlin Is Militarizing Russian Society

How Sir Francis Drake and Queen Elizabeth I Made England a Global Power